- Program with abstracts;
- Time table;
- Absracts (by order of delivery).
First Joint Meeting
Israel Mathematical Union
German Mathematical Society
8-10 March 2021
Registration and payment page is not set yet.
You are kindly asked to pre-register in order to be included in the mailing list.
Deadline for registration with reduced fees: will be set.
The Hebrew University, Weiss Hall and Sprinzak building.
Shiri Artstein-Avidan (Tel Aviv)
Valentin Blomer (Bonn)
Alex Bronstein (Haifa, Technion)
Gerhard Huisken, (Tuebingen, Oberwolfach)
Sabine Jansen (LMU, Muenchen)
Aner Shalev (Hebrew University in Jerusalem)
The meeting will have a large number of parallel sessions.
Sessions that were approved so far are listed below.
Please contact the program committee with proposals for further sessions.
- Algebraic and geometric combinatorics. Organizers: Eran Nevo and Raman Sanyal
- Algebraic geometry. Organizers: Mina Teicher and Daniel Huybrechts
- Analytic number theory. Organizers: Joerg Brudern and Zeev Rudnick (TAU)
- Arithmetic geometry. Organizers: Michael Temkin and Hélène Esnault
- Automorphic forms and representation theory. Organizers: Erez Lapid and Tobias Finis
- Complex systems. Organizers: Mina Teicher and Jurgen Jost
- Dynamics. Organizers: Uri Bader and Roman Sauer
- Fields arithmetic. Organizer: Dan Haran
- Geometric Analysis. Organizers: Or Hershkovits), Ruben Jakob and Simon Blatt
- Geometric and Asymptotic Group Theory. Organizers: Chen Meiri and Benjamin Klopsch
- Convex and Integral Geometry. Organizers: Dmitry Faifman and Andreas Bernig
- Logic. Organizers: Chloé Perin and Katrin Tent
- Mathematics in material science. Organizers: Cy Maor and Angkana Ruland
- Operator algebras and operator theory. Organizers: Michael Hartz and Orr Shalit
- Optimization. Organizers: Simeon Reich, Christiane Tammer, Boris Vexler and Alexander Zaslavski
- p-adic Aspects of Arithmetic Algebraic Geometry. Organizers: Elmar Grosse-Klönne and Ehud de Shalit
- Probability theory. Organizers: Oren Louidor and Anton Bovier
- Set Theory. Organizers: Omer Ben Neria and Ralf Schindler
- Statistical Efficiency and Computational Tractability. Organizers: Holger Dette, Yaakov Ritov and Angelika Rohde
- Theoretical Computer Science. Organizer: Irit Dinur
Committees and contact:
President of the IMU: Alex Lubotzky, Hebrew University in Jerusalem
President of the DMV: Friedrich Goetze, Bielefeld University
Zeev Rudnick, Tel Aviv University (co-chair),
Thomas Peternell, Bayreuth University (co-chair),
Anton Bovier, Bonn University,
Gil Kalai, Hebrew University,
Koby Rubinstein, Technion,
Christopher Voll, Bielefeld University,
Ofer Zeitouni, Weizmann Institute,
Gunter Ziegler, FU Berlin.
Moshe Jarden, Tel Aviv University (chair),
Ehud de Shalit, Hebrew University,
Klaus Hulek, Leibniz Universitat, Hannover,
Chloé Perin, Hebrew University,
Uzi Vishne, Bar Ilan University.
List of Participants:
Will be available here.
Transportation: (details to appear).
Social activities: (details to appear).
Restaurants: see this guide.
Visa: A visa to Israel is not required for US or European passport holders. Those coming from India or China will need a visa.
For invitation letters, please contact
(treasurer of the IMU).
The meeting's poster (not available yet)
Hotels: see our proposed list.
Excursions: (Details to follow).
Tourism: Plenty of data online, e.g. Jerusalem municipality tourism website.
Maps: a map of Jerusalem and a
map of Givat Ram campus of the Hebrew University.
The Anat and Amnon Shashua Fund.