- Program with abstracts;
- Time table;
- Absracts (by order of delivery).
First Joint Meeting
Israel Mathematical Union
German Mathematical Society
8-10 March 2021
Registration and payment page is not set yet.
You are kindly asked to pre-register in order to be included in the mailing list.
Deadline for registration with reduced fees: will be set.
The Hebrew University, Weiss Hall and Sprinzak building.
Shiri Artstein-Avidan (Tel Aviv)
Valentin Blomer (Bonn)
Alex Bronstein (Haifa, Technion)
Gerhard Huisken, (Tuebingen, Oberwolfach)
Sabine Jansen (LMU, Muenchen)
Aner Shalev (Hebrew University in Jerusalem)
The meeting will have a large number of parallel sessions.
Sessions that were approved so far are listed below.
Please contact the program committee with proposals for further sessions.
- Algebraic and geometric combinatorics. Organizers: Eran Nevo and Raman Sanyal
- Algebraic geometry. Organizers: Mina Teicher and Daniel Huybrechts
- Analytic number theory. Organizers: Joerg Brudern and Zeev Rudnick
- Approximation Theory and Data analysis. Organizers: Martin Buhmann and Dany Leviatan.
- Arithmetic geometry. Organizers: Michael Temkin and Hélène Esnault
- Automorphic forms and representation theory. Organizers: Erez Lapid and Tobias Finis
- Complex systems. Organizers: Mina Teicher and Jurgen Jost
- Convex and Integral Geometry. Organizers: Dmitry Faifman and Andreas Bernig
- Groups, Topology and Dynamics. Organizers: Uri Bader and Roman Sauer
- Fields arithmetic. Organizer: Dan Haran
- Geometric Analysis. Organizers: Or Hershkovits), Ruben Jakob and Simon Blatt
- Geometric and Asymptotic Group Theory. Organizers: Chen Meiri and Benjamin Klopsch
- Harmonic analysis: theory and applications. Organizers: Elijah Liflyand and Yurii Kolomoitsev
- Logic. Organizers: Chloé Perin and Katrin Tent
- Mathematics in material science. Organizers: Cy Maor and Angkana Ruland
- Mathematical Relativity. Organizers: Gerhard Huisken, Carla Cedebaum, Greg Galloway and Gilbert Weinstein.
- Operator algebras and operator theory. Organizers: Michael Hartz and Orr Shalit
- Optimization. Organizers: Simeon Reich, Christiane Tammer, Boris Vexler and Alexander Zaslavski
- p-adic Aspects of Arithmetic Algebraic Geometry. Organizers: Elmar Grosse-Klönne and Ehud de Shalit
- Probability theory. Organizers: Oren Louidor and Anton Bovier
- Set Theory. Organizers: Omer Ben Neria and Ralf Schindler
- Statistical Efficiency and Computational Tractability. Organizers: Holger Dette, Yaakov Ritov and Angelika Rohde
- Representations of Lie (super)algebras and algebraic (super)groups. Organizers: Thorsten Heidersdorf and Maria Gorelik
- Theoretical Computer Science. Organizer: Irit Dinur
Committees and contact:
President of the IMU: Alex Lubotzky, Hebrew University in Jerusalem
President of the DMV: Friedrich Goetze, Bielefeld University
Zeev Rudnick, Tel Aviv University (co-chair);
Thomas Peternell, Bayreuth University (co-chair);
Anton Bovier, Bonn University;
Gil Kalai, Hebrew University;
Koby Rubinstein, Technion;
Christopher Voll, Bielefeld University;
Ofer Zeitouni, Weizmann Institute;
Gunter Ziegler, FU Berlin.
Moshe Jarden, Tel Aviv University (chair);
Ehud de Shalit, Hebrew University;
Klaus Hulek, Leibniz Universitat, Hannover;
Chloé Perin, Hebrew University;
Uzi Vishne, Bar Ilan University.
List of Participants:
Will be available here.
Transportation: (details to appear).
Social activities: (details to appear).
Restaurants: see this guide.
Visa: A visa to Israel is not required for US or European passport holders. Those coming from India or China will need a visa.
For invitation letters, please contact
(treasurer of the IMU).
The meeting's poster (not available yet)
Hotels: see our proposed list.
Excursions: (Details to follow).
Tourism: Plenty of data online, e.g. Jerusalem municipality tourism website.
Maps: a map of Jerusalem and a
map of Givat Ram campus of the Hebrew University.
The Anat and Amnon Shashua Fund.