Malka Schaps, Department of Mathematics
List of Publications
1. Deformations non-singulieres de courbes gauches, Asterisque 7 et 8 (1973), 121-128.
2. Determining subgroups of finite index in a finitely generated group (with A. Dietze),
Canad. J. Math. 26, No.4 (1974), 769-782.
3. Deformations of Cohen-Macaulay schemes of codimension 2, and non-singular deformations of space curves, Amer. J. Math. 99, No.4, 669-685.
4. Non-singular deformations of a determinantal scheme, Pacific J. Math. 65 (1976), 209-215.
5. Birational morphisms, factorizable by two monoidal transformations, Math. Ann. 28 (1976), 209-215.
6. Deformations of generalized complete intersections (with R. Mandelbaum),
Research Announcement, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., Vol. 61, No.1 (1976), 7-10.
7. Smoothing perfect varieties (with R. Mandelbaum), Proc. 1975 Summer Institute on Several Complex Variables 61, No.1 (1976), 51-56.
8. On the smoothing and deformation of perfect varieties (with R. Mandelbaum), Math. Ann. 226 (1977), 67-80.
9. On the partial multiplicities of a product of two matrix polynomials (with L. Rodman), Integral Equations and Operator Theory, Vol. 2/4 (1979), 565-599.
10. Birational morphisms of algebraic 3-folds, collapsing three surfaces to a curve, Duke Math. J. 48, No.2 (1981), 401-420.
11. Versal determinantal deformations, Pacific J. Math. 107, No.1 (1983), 213-221.
12. The combinatorics of alternative factorizations (with E. Fisman), Israel J. Math. 48, No.1 (1984), 79-95.
13. Appendix to "On toroidal embeddings of 3-folds" (paper by M. Teicher), Israel J. Math. 57, No.1 (1987), 65-67.
14. Moduli of commutative and non-commutative finite covers, Israel J. Math. 58, No.1 (1987), 57-101.
15. Deformations of finite-dimensional algebras and their idempotents, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 307, No.2 (1988), 843-856.
16. Deformations of tilting modules (with D. Happel), Perspectives in Ring Theory, NATO ASI Series, Kluwer Academic Publisher (1988), 1-20.
17. Deformations of algebras and Hochschild cohomology, Perspectives in RingTheory, NATO ASI Series, Kluwer Academic Publishers (1988), 41-58.
18. Report and open problems from a Workshop on Geometry and Invariant Theory of Quivers, Perspectives in Ring Theory, NATO ASI Series, Kluwer Academic Publishers (1988), 59-68.
19. Combinatorial analysis of point obstructions to local factorizability in three-folds, Hokkaido J. Math. XVIII, No.3 (1989), 397-458.
20. Deforming group algebras, Ring Theory 1989, IMCP, Vol. 1, Weizmann Science Press (1989), 79-83.
21. Integral and p-modular semisimple deformations for p-solvable groups of finite representation type, Austral. J. of Math. (Series A) 50 (1991), 213-232.
22. Classifying generic algebras (with Th. Dana-Picard), Rocky Mountain J. of Math. 22, No. 1 (1992), 125-155.
23. An infinite class of generic local algebras, Archiv der Mathematik 61 (1993), 221-228.
24. Deformation of tame blocks and related algebras (with Karin Erdmann), Proceedings of the Conference on Quantum Deformations of Algebras and Their Representations, Israel Math. Conf.
Proc. 7 (1993), 25-44.
25. A computer assisted project: Classification of algebras (with Th. Dana Picard), Proceedings of the Cortina Conference on Computer Algebra (1993).
26. A modular version of Maschke's theorem for groups with cyclic p-Sylow subgroup, J. of Algebra
163 (1994), 623-635.
27. Liftable deformations and Hecke algebras, Algebraic Groups and Generalizations, Classical
Methods, AMS (1994), 155-173.
28. The modular version of Maschke's theorem for normal abelian p-Sylows (with M. Gerstenhaber), Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra 109 (1996), 257-264.
29. Separable deformations of blocks with normal defect groups (with C. Mejer), Canadian Mathematical Society Conference Proceedings 18 (1996), 505-517.
30. Classifying generic algebras: the local case (with Th. Dana-Picard), Houston J. of Math. 22, No. 4
31. Hecke algebras, Uqsln, and the Donald-Flanigan conjecture for Sn (with M. Gerstenhaber),
Trans. AMS. 349, No.8 (1997), 3353-3371.
32. Non-reduced components of Algn (with Th. Dana-Picard), Canadian Math. Conf. Proc. 24 (1998), 111-120.
33. Quivers of blocks with normal defect group (with D. Shapira and O. Shlomo), Proc. Symposia in Pure Mathematics 63 (1998), 497-510.
34. Quivers of groups with normal p-subgroups, Communications in Algebra 27 (5) (1999),
35. Hecke algebras and separable deformations of dihedral groups (with M. Peretz),
The Far East J. of Math, 1, no. 1 (1999), 17-25.
36. Graphical methods for representations of associative algebras (with Th. Dana-Picard), Missouri J. of Math, 12, no. 3 (2000), 183-192.
37. The Donald-Flanigan problem for finite reflection groups (with M. Gerstenhaber and
A. Giaquinto), Letters in Mathematical Physics, 56 (2001), 41-72.
38. Pointed Brauer trees with E. Zakay-Illouz), Journal of Algebra 246 (2001), 647-672.
39. Combinatorial partial tilting complexes for the Brauer Star algebras (with E. Zakay-Illouz),
Representations of Algebra, Kluwer, (2002) 187-207.
40. Braid group action on the refolded tilting complexes of the Brauer algebra (with E. Zakay-Illouz),
Proceedings ICRA IX, Beijing, vol. II, 2002, 434-449.
41. Folded tilting complexes for Brauer tree algebras (with J. Rickard), Advances in Math. 171, 2002,
42. A network of weighted majority rules and their geometric realizations (with D. Karotkin),
Games and Economic Behavior, 42, 2003, 75-90.
43. Homogeneous deformations of Brauer tree algebras (E. Zakay-Illouz),;Communications
in Algebra, 31, No. 11, 2003, pp. 5243-5252,.
44. Specialization of crossed products, Communications
in Algebra, Vol. 13, N. 12, 2003,pp.5781-5792,2003.
45. Two-dimensional pattern matching with rotation (with A Amir, A. Butman, M. Crochemore,
G.M. Landau), Theoretical Computer Science 314, 1-2, 2004, 173-187.
46. Deformations, tiltings, and decomposition matrices, Representations of Algebras and related topics, Fields Inst. Comm. 45,(2005) 345-355
47. Crossover Morita equivalences in blocks of covering
groups of symmetric and alternating groups (with Radha Kessar),
Journal of Group Theory 9, (2006) no. 6, 715-730.
48. Explicit tilting complexes (with Ayala Bar-Ilan,
Tzvia Berrebi, Genadi Chereshnya, Mikhal Cohen and Ruth Leabovich),
Groups St. Andrews 2005, LMS Lect. Note Ser. 339, vol. 1, (2007) 207-223.
49. Logarithmic growth of systole of arithmetic Riemann
surfaces along congruence subgroups (with Mikhail Katz and Uzi Vishne),
Journal of Differential Geometry, 76,(2007), no. 3, 399-422.
50. Lifting McKay graphs and relations to prime extensions
(with M. Hasan Ali), Rocky Mountain J. of Math., 38, no.2 (2008), 373-393.
51. The Broue conjecture for the faithful 3-blocks of
4.M22, (with Juergen Mueller), Journal of Algebra, 319, (2008), 3588-3602.
52. Maximal strings in the crystal graph of spin
representations of the symmetric and alternating groups, (with Hussam Arisha),
Communications in Algebra 37, No. 11, 3779-3795 (2009)
53. Finite posets and their representation algebras, (with
Murray Gerstenhaber), Int'l Jour. of Algebra and Computation, (2010)
54. A non-recursive criterion for weights of a highest weight module for an affine Lie algebra (with Orly Barshevsky and Matthew Fayers),to appear in Israel Journal of Mathematics.
Submitted articles and preprints
54. Crossover Morita equivalences for the spin blocks of
the symmetric and alternating groups,
(with Ruth Leabovich), preprint (25 pp.).
55. The coarse structure of a finite monoid, preprint (15 pp.)
56. Proofs and retributions or: Why Yoni can't take limits, (with K. Katz and M. Katz), preprint (22 pp.)
57. Spin blocks and basic sets, (with Ortal Alon, Lukas Maas, Juergen Mueller, Michal White) working paper (15 pp.)
58. Evaluating conditional analyticity in Forex Target Redemption Notes, working paper (with Erez Yehezkel (13 pp.)
Last Update, April 21, '13