Assaf Rinot received a Ph.D. in Mathematics from Tel Aviv University in 2011. He then spent two trimesters as a postdoctoral fellow at Ben-Gurion University, and two years as a Fields-Ontario postdoctoral fellow at University of Toronto.
In October 2013, he joined the department of Mathematics at Bar-Ilan University. In October 2016, he was promoted to Associate Professor, and since October 2019, he is a Full Professor.
Rinot's research focuses on the combinatorics of the higher infinite.
A complete list of publications is available here.
Major Grants and Awards
‣ 2018--2023: ERC Starting grant, European Research Council.
‣ 2018--2022: Individual research grant, Israel Science Foundation.
‣ 2018: Scientific innovation award, Bar-Ilan University.
‣ 2017: Excellence award for a promising young scientist, the mayor of Herzliya.
‣ 2016: Krill Prize for excellence in scientific research, Wolf Foundation.
‣ 2016: Outstanding lecturers list, Bar-Ilan University.
‣ 2014--2018: Individual research grant, Israel Science Foundation.
‣ 2014: Individual research grant for young scientists, German-Israeli Foundation.